3.22.2010

A quick update post-Monteverde

Monteverde was really cool!! It was kind of sad because as a result of sleep deprivation and this trip being our last USAC trip, you could tell everyone was starting to think about how the semester is ending far too quickly, and honestly, it's the worst feeling in the world.

Leaving here is probably going to be the hardest thing I will ever have to do, and I honestly mean that. We've really made our own lives here, and they are incredible- I can't think of another time where things have been so perfect. We have homes and amazing new friends and we live in a tropical paradise laced with constant adventure, and the culture/language is amazing. Not being able to go salsa on a Thursday night is probably going to be the death of me. Not seeing the faces of everyone I've gotten to know and love here is going to be terrible, and not having this amazing country to explore and become a part of will probably make me cry until I return again in the future.

However, there is still a good amount of time here, and I'm determined not to think about the end anymore until it's actually here!

So about Monteverde. The drive up gives you even more of an adrenaline rush than the incredible zip line tour we did. Here's the view from the bus (I may or may not have stolen these photos from a fellow USACer... don't hate!)
It's really easy to fall in love with this place. :) Below is our awesome group of USACers ready to zip line, and below that is me zip lining! Unfortunately, I don't have one of Kristin, but someone else probably does!




The zip line here was hands down the best I've ever done! It wasn't even scary though, it was just amazing. The last cable is 1km long and you have to go with another person so that you don't get stuck in the middle, where you would probably be left to die because you can't even see the other end from the beginning. Michelle and I went together and it was amazing! You just fly into a cloud and look down and there are the most amazing trees ever below you that stretch for miles. It never stops being amazing.

We stayed in a really nice little cabin-style resort on Saturday night and everyone spent the night listening to music and just hanging out, but before that we went to an amazing restaurant called The Treehouse, and it was literally just a restaurant built around a giant tree. I'm not going to just go out and say it, but it MIGHT be possible that we spent all of our dinner money on the most delicious chocolate fondue I have ever even heard of. SO good! I guess that's about it- another awesome trip, as usual!

Spring break is fast approaching! Kristin's birthday is Thursday, and we have an epic night planned! Ummm I think that's it!

No comments: