1.12.2010

Hola! I love Puntarenas! It's beautiful here. Our travels were successful. Kate did a good job remaining calm during our flights, even though she was scared. We stayed at the COOLEST HOSTEL EVER on Thursday night, and shared a bed, haha...we had awesome dinner and awesome breakfast, and met super nice people. Then, we hung out outside the airport from like noon until almost 4pm, waiting for other students to arrive. Then we took a bus to Puntarenas...the accident was no big deal! It was funny because tons of strangers came out of their cars to look at the non-existent damage and socialize. Nobody was angry...very unlike the U.S. 
My host family is so so so awesome. They have a puppy named Mini, but she´s tiny and mostly stays outside and I love her to pieces already. My papa is very happy and patient and he takes an interest in what I say. My sister is actually almost 18 years old, and she´s really helpful and funny and kind. And she listens to Lady GaGa! My madre is super doting and obsessed with feeding me, haha. Speaking of food, I eat everything they give me and it´s all been fine so far! And I get corn flakes with bananas in the mornings before class. My spanish is sufficient for me to get by, and I learn so many new words each day...it's great. I live really close to the school, so that´s awesome. And I like my classes so far. Last night, Kate and I learned to dance the Salsa! We have two hours of dance class each week.  I sleep really well at night because I'm so tired by the time I go to bed. My family mounted a really good fan on the wall, aimed directly at my bed, haha. I went to a bar with Kate and some USAC kids on Saturday night, and i drank a Smirnoff Rojo (red) and actually liked it a lot! Tonight, one of the year long students is having a fiesta for everyone, so that'll be fun. And since Kate and I don't have classes on Wednesdays, we've deemed every Wednesday "beach day." yayyyy...we checked out the beach on Sunday and there were TWO cruise ships docked on our beach...we literally live in a place where people come to vacation! so awesome. I swam (kinda) in the ocean! It's so warm...



hasta luego!







 
pre bus accident...and total damage from the accident.

1 comment:

Shaun said...

Man I miss the sun. Not like I'd go outside in it, I just like knowing that it's there.